1. What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files stored as text files. The ETDA website sends cookies to your browser and cookies may be recorded on your computer or the device used by you to access the website. Cookies are important and have the benefit of making the website remember settings on your device.
You can search for more information on cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org
- To memorize your browser data and settings, facilitate your ongoing use of website services and improve your experience and satisfaction with these services.
- To assess website efficiency and results from website services which remain poor and need improvement.
- To collect and analyze website visits and service utilization data in order to help the ETDA understand peoples’ interests and how ETDA services are used.
- To enable the ETDA to deliver better website service experiences to you and help it deliver services and advertisements that meet your interests.
3. What Cookies Are Used by the ETDA?
The ETDA website uses its own cookies (first party cookies) and third-party cookies determined and set by outside service providers such as external companies whose services are used by the ETDA in order to enhance the ETDA website’s working properties.
Cookies used by the ETDA may be divided into the following two types based on storage:
- Session cookies are temporary cookies to remember when you visit the ETDA website. For example, session cookies monitor your language settings and selections, etc. Session cookies are deleted from your computer or device when you leave a website or turn off your web browser.
- Persistent cookies are cookies that remain for a specified period or until you delete them. This type of cookie enables the ETDA website to remember you and your settings when you return to use the website’s services in order to facilitate your use of its services.
Based on the purposes for using cookies, the ETDA uses the following four types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary This type of cookie is necessary for service provision via the ETDA website to allow you to use website functions in addition to remembering data provided by you via the website. Ending the use of this type of cookies will prevent you from using main ETDA services that need cookies.
- Performance This type of cookie enables the ETDA to view user interactions when using ETDA website services, including preferences for any page or area of the website including data analysis in other areas. The ETDA also uses this data to improve website performance and to understand user behavior. However, data collected by performance cookies cannot identify users and are used only for statistical analysis. Turning off this type of cookies will prevent ETDA from knowing the number of website visitors and prevent ETDA from analyzing service quality.
- Functional This type of cookie enables the ETDA website to remember your settings and help the website to deliver additional properties and content to suit your uses. For example, functional cookies remember your user account or changes to font sizes or other page settings that you can modify. Turning off this type of cookies may prevent the website from functioning completely.
- Targeting (Targeting Cookies) This type of cookie is from connections to third party websites that collect data on uses and websites visited by you to present goods or services on other non-ETDA websites. Turning off this type of cookie will have no effects on the use of the ETDA website. However, this may cause the presentation of goods or services on other websites to be inconsistent with your interests.
4. How Can You Manage Cookies?
The link below will take you to support services of popular browsers currently in service. You can search for information on cookie management on your browser.
Please be aware that, if you choose to turn off cookies on your browser or device, you may find that parts of the ETDA website cannot function or provide services normally.
For more information on this topic, please see https://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-delete-cookies.
The ETDA is not liable for or has any involvement in the abovementioned website including the content in them.
5. Connections to Websites of Outside Parties
The ETDA website may have links connected to websites or social media belonging to outside parties and may have embedded content or videos from social media such as YouTube, Facebook, etc., in order to help you access content and interact with other people on social media from the ETDA website. Websites or social media belonging to outside parties have cookie settings which the ETDA cannot control and is not liable for. The ETDA advises you to read and study the cookie policies or announcements of those outside parties.
6. Changes to This Announcement
This announcement may be revised occasionally for suitability and consistency with situations that may have potential changes. The ETDA will announce revisions on this website and advises you to visit this website regularly.
7. Contact the ETDA
Electronic Transactions Development Agency, The Ninth Tower Grand Rama 9 (Building B),
21st Floor, 33/4, Rama IX Rd., Huai Khwang, Huai Khwang, Bangkok, 10310